Forums

Full Version: Converting the baseline of Taroko "Sigma" for our project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on converting the baseline of Taroko "Sigma" engineering project management tool for our new project (The Construction of Mass Transit System Project in Bangkok - Red Line, Contractor: Mitsubishi-Hitachi-Sumitomo Consortium). I call the project management tool for our project "Sigma_MHSC".

Everything is fine so far but I'm having a problem during the modification of "Sigma_MHSC". Every time I enter "Layout Mode" of FileMaker Pro ("Sigma_MHSC") and try to go to a certain layout by selecting the layout name from the "Layout List" of FileMaker Pro but it always get me to "PDL Hierarchy Report Portrait - Doc Status" layout. Why? Can anyone help me?
(09-01-2016 04:09 PM)Cyrous Wrote: [ -> ]I am working on converting the baseline of Taroko "Sigma" engineering project management tool for our new project (The Construction of Mass Transit System Project in Bangkok - Red Line, Contractor: Mitsubishi-Hitachi-Sumitomo Consortium). I call the project management tool for our project "Sigma_MHSC".

Everything is fine so far but I'm having a problem during the modification of "Sigma_MHSC". Every time I enter "Layout Mode" of FileMaker Pro ("Sigma_MHSC") and try to go to a certain layout by selecting the layout name from the "Layout List" of FileMaker Pro but it always get me to "PDL Hierarchy Report Portrait - Doc Status" layout. Why? Can anyone help me?

This is an old bug which seems to have originated in FM12 and has never been corrected. It only occurs on windows, Mac user do not experience this. It has been reported in a number of threads but as yet I know of no fix. Note that this does not happen if you only have a few layouts, but Sigma has hundreds so it seems this is where it falls apart.

The only workaround we know of is to go to Manage->Layouts find the layout you want then click "Open". This will open a new window with that layout.

Hope this helps.

Samuel
(09-01-2016 04:27 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016 04:09 PM)Cyrous Wrote: [ -> ]I am working on converting the baseline of Taroko "Sigma" engineering project management tool for our new project (The Construction of Mass Transit System Project in Bangkok - Red Line, Contractor: Mitsubishi-Hitachi-Sumitomo Consortium). I call the project management tool for our project "Sigma_MHSC".

This is an old bug which seems to have originated in FM12 and has never been corrected. It only occurs on windows, Mac user do not experience this. It has been reported in a number of threads but as yet I know of no fix. Note that this does not happen if you only have a few layouts, but Sigma has hundreds so it seems this is where it falls apart.

The only workaround we know of is to go to Manage->Layouts find the layout you want then click "Open". This will open a new window with that layout.

Hope this helps.

Samuel

Hey Samuel,

Thanks for your answer. I did use the workaround which you mentioned above before I posted this question. Now I understand what caused this problem. Thanks anyway.
Reference URL's