Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sigma_XXX Contacts Data Table
09-05-2016, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 09:33 PM by Cyrous.)
Sigma_XXX Contacts Data Table
Hi Taroko.Org Experts,

During I am converting the baseline of Taroko "Sigma" engineering project management tool for our new project (The Construction of Mass Transit System Project in Bangkok - Red Line, Contractor: Mitsubishi-Hitachi-Sumitomo Consortium), I found that there are "Contacts::Position_Code", "Contacts::Position_EN" and "Contacts::Position_CN" data fields in the Contacts Data Table. What are these guys for? Can anyone of the Taroko.Org Experts tell me?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 03:17 AM by Sam.)
RE: Sigma_XXX Contacts Data Table
Hi Cyrous, The position_EN and CN field are legacy fields that goes back several years. It has been largely replaced by the PositionCode and contact ID.

Contact ID is the unique ID that is used for both relationships and building sequence numbers when that user create new objects.

Positioncode is used to define the users group within the org. It is not strictly necessary but becomes important when automated document reviews are in use. i.e. It tells Sigma who should ben the review list.

Also in the contacts table is a subsystem code for SSM. If this is populated it will be used as the lead reviewer when a new transmittal comes in, and then the group associated with that SSM (based on Positioncode) will be included in the list.

Position code should have the syntax GGG_NN where GGG is a group code and NN is a 2 digit sequential number.

The two other fields Position_CN and EN are probably not used anymore. But my recommendation is to run a DDR and confirm where they are used.

Sam
09-06-2016, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 09:10 PM by Cyrous.)
(09-05-2016 09:28 PM)Cyrous Wrote:  Hi Taroko.Org Experts,

During I am converting the baseline of Taroko "Sigma" engineering project management tool for our new project (The Construction of Mass Transit System Project in Bangkok - Red Line, Contractor: Mitsubishi-Hitachi-Sumitomo Consortium), I found that there are "Contacts::Position_Code", "Contacts::Position_EN" and "Contacts::Position_CN" data fields in the Contacts Data Table. What are these guys for? Can anyone of the Taroko.Org Experts tell me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sam,

Ok, I've got it. I will use "Contacts::Position_Code" and make it becomes the "Key" when automated correspondence / document / Punch Item ... etc. reviews are in use. I will make "Contacts::Position_EN (or Contacts::Position_CN)" becomes the data field for users to have their own "Position Title" recorded.

I am quite with modifying Sigma_MHSC so far but I still have some questions regarding Sigma_XXX Contacts Data Table which are listed below.
  1. I couldn't find what Contacts::VLsortCode (VL Code) is for? Can you please let me know?
  2. What is the difference between Contacts::SSM_Subsystem_Tasks data field and Contacts::SSM_Subsystem data field? Are they one (Contacts::SSM_Subsystem_Tasks) one for "Incoming Letter Task Assignment" and one (Contacts::SSM_Subsystem) for tagging what subsystem the user belongs to? How to give each of them an appropriate value (Manually input a value or ... )?
  3. What are Contacts::SystemNum and Contacts::SystemCat for? Are the values of Contacts::SystemNum, Contacts::SystemCat and Contacts::ContractCode need to be input manually?

I hope what I asked above won't bother you so much. Thanks a lot.
09-07-2016, 06:21 AM
Hi Sam,

Ok, I've got it. I will use "Contacts::Position_Code" and make it becomes the "Key" when automated correspondence / document / Punch Item ... etc. reviews are in use. I will make "Contacts::Position_EN (or Contacts::Position_CN)" becomes the data field for users to have their own "Position Title" recorded.

I am quite with modifying Sigma_MHSC so far but I still have some questions regarding Sigma_XXX Contacts Data Table which are listed below.
  1. I couldn't find what Contacts::VLsortCode (VL Code) is for? Can you please let me know?
  2. What is the difference between Contacts::SSM_Subsystem_Tasks data field and Contacts::SSM_Subsystem data field? Are they one (Contacts::SSM_Subsystem_Tasks) one for "Incoming Letter Task Assignment" and one (Contacts::SSM_Subsystem) for tagging what subsystem the user belongs to? How to give each of them an appropriate value (Manually input a value or ... )?
  3. What are Contacts::SystemNum and Contacts::SystemCat for? Are the values of Contacts::SystemNum, Contacts::SystemCat and Contacts::ContractCode need to be input manually?

[/quote]
Hi Cyrous,

The VLsort code is to force the contacts list to appear in a specified order. As you know a VL defaults to alphabetical order, but if you for example want your managers to appears first you can use the VL sort code and make that value list sort the way you want.

The SSM_Subsystem_Tasks is for allow someone other than the SSM to be auto assigned tasks. This is normally a delegate or deputy of the SSM. Its kind of like a permanent deputization.

The old system num and system cat are left over from MARS days I think. Again they are codes used to force task assignment.

Most of these things are optional and may not come into play until you get you system up and running and the need presents itself.

Please don't worry about asking too many questions. If nothing else its a way to get this stuff documented.

SAM
09-07-2016, 03:07 PM
(09-07-2016 06:21 AM)Sam Wrote:  Hi Sam,

Hi Cyrous,

The VLsort code is to force the contacts list to appear in a specified order. As you know a VL defaults to alphabetical order, but if you for example want your managers to appears first you can use the VL sort code and make that value list sort the way you want.

The SSM_Subsystem_Tasks is for allow someone other than the SSM to be auto assigned tasks. This is normally a delegate or deputy of the SSM. Its kind of like a permanent deputization.

The old system num and system cat are left over from MARS days I think. Again they are codes used to force task assignment.

Most of these things are optional and may not come into play until you get you system up and running and the need presents itself.

Please don't worry about asking too many questions. If nothing else its a way to get this stuff documented.

SAM
[/quote]
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your kindly explanation. I've fully understood how Sigma_XXX Contacts Data Table works.

Cyrous