Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SuperContainer Plug-in for FileMaker
09-08-2016, 04:12 PM
SuperContainer Plug-in for FileMaker
I am converting the baseline of Taroko "Sigma" engineering project management tool for our new project (The Construction of Mass Transit System Project in Bangkok - Red Line, Contractor: Mitsubishi-Hitachi-Sumitomo Consortium). Other than TroiFile Plug-in for FileMaker, we are thinking that we should buy SuperContainer Plug-in for FileMaker or not. Because I don't have the experience in using SuperContainer Plug-in for FileMaker, therefore, I am looking for the opinion from the person who has the experience in using SuperContainer Plug-in for FileMaker. Can anyone help please?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2016, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 02:28 AM by Sam.)
RE: SuperContainer Plug-in for FileMaker
Hi Cyrous, Supercontainer comes in two parts, the plugin and the server.

The server is what you pay for and that is what allows you to do drag and drop uploads from IWP pages. This is used extensively with the Site works module and the dracas module. But its really only necessary if you are using IWP. I'm not sure about web direct.

The plugin is free. Its lets you do a number of basic file manipulations similar to trio but not nearly as extensive. There are however a couple of functions that are not available in trio which are related to renaming files on container upload. If I'm not mistaken the filemaker upload does not allow you to put a new filename on a file dropped on to a container. I think this is used over in the dracas area. You can check the DDR to see where exactly it is used.

Since it is free i would just include it as part of your installation.

s
09-09-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: SuperContainer Plug-in for FileMaker
(09-09-2016 02:27 AM)Sam Wrote:  Hi Cyrous, Supercontainer comes in two parts, the plugin and the server.

The server is what you pay for and that is what allows you to do drag and drop uploads from IWP pages. This is used extensively with the Site works module and the dracas module. But its really only necessary if you are using IWP. I'm not sure about web direct.

The plugin is free. Its lets you do a number of basic file manipulations similar to trio but not nearly as extensive. There are however a couple of functions that are not available in trio which are related to renaming files on container upload. If I'm not mistaken the filemaker upload does not allow you to put a new filename on a file dropped on to a container. I think this is used over in the dracas area. You can check the DDR to see where exactly it is used.

Since it is free i would just include it as part of your installation.

s
Hi Sam,

If so, then we will not consider to buy SuperContainer Plug-in for FileMaker for now.

Thank you for keeping on helping us.

Cyrous