Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sending Sigma User Account Information to a new created user account user
09-13-2016, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2016 07:15 PM by Cyrous.)
Sending Sigma User Account Information to a new created user account user
Hi Tatoko.Org Experts,

During I am converting the baseline of Taroko "Sigma" engineering project management tool for our new project (The Construction of Mass Transit System Project in Bangkok - Red Line, Contractor: Mitsubishi-Hitachi-Sumitomo Consortium), I am thinking to make a function which can let a new created user account user receives a "Sigma User Account Information (includes User ID, Temp. Password, ... and other necessary information)" from system (Sigma_MHSC) automatically. This function will also send a "Sigma User Account Information" to the user if his / her Sigma User Account had been set to "Inactive" and has been set to "Active" again.

I made this PM Tool function for our another project (Taiwan High Speed Rail Nangang Extension and Provided Later Stations Project, short for the “NEP” hereafter) and it woks very well. Because I will need to have an "Admin E-mail Account" to take care of sending e-mail to user automatically if I want to make this function and I do know that Sigma has already had an "Admin E-mail Account (sigma@taroko.org)". Therefore, I've discussed with my boss in NEP on which "Admin E-mail Account" I should use. My boss in NEP suggested that I should get an "Admin E-mail Account" from the project (MHSC) that I am working for because Taroko.Org is not the supplier of MHSC. I think what my boss in NEP suggested does make sense.

Does any Tatoko.Org Experts have any comment on this issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2016, 02:41 AM
RE: Sending Sigma User Account Information to a new created user account user
Hi Cyrous, I believe what you are talking about is a simple email notification on event. In this case a new account creation. A good idea.

Sigma does this all over the place. In all cases the send mail command uses the centrally held (in Home table) SMTP coordinates. It is expected that these coordinates would change for each installation.

These are easily updated to your own project server by going to:
Admin->Home Info->Mail Server References.

Simply change the addresses, IP addresses, admin email addresses etc. according to your project mail server.

hope this helps

s
09-14-2016, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2016 05:35 AM by Cyrous.)
RE: Sending Sigma User Account Information to a new created user account user
(09-14-2016 02:41 AM)Sam Wrote:  Hi Cyrous, I believe what you are talking about is a simple email notification on event. In this case a new account creation. A good idea.

Sigma does this all over the place. In all cases the send mail command uses the centrally held (in Home table) SMTP coordinates. It is expected that these coordinates would change for each installation.

These are easily updated to your own project server by going to:
Admin->Home Info->Mail Server References.

Simply change the addresses, IP addresses, admin email addresses etc. according to your project mail server.

hope this helps

s
Hi Sam,

The reason why I wanted to make this function was because it will be easier for the user account (Contacts) administrator of Sigma to do the creation of Sigma user account.

I've already set up the Sigma Admin->Home Info->Mail Server References by using the "Admin E-mail Account" of NEP and then made the function and tested it. It works fine. I will change to use the "Admin E-mail Account" of MHSC once I have it. Thanks a lot.

Cyrous