Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Import table and keep original of layout design
03-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Import table and keep original of layout design
Dear All,

I would like to import “Home” table from VTAS to my test database in order to use the icon graphics on “Home Graphics” layout. The imported table is successful. However, how to keep the original format (layout of Home Graphics) import onto a new database? What I should do, anything special for the importing table. Please advice.

Regards,
Are
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 01:17 AM
RE: Import table and keep original of layout design
Hi, Are,
I do believe you used the "Import..." function in "Manage Database" of your test DB to import "Home" table of VTAS. It would only get all the data filds of VTAS.Home to your test DB but not get the data of VTAS.Home. I also believe most of the icon graphics on "Home Graphics" layout of VTAS should be stored in the "Container" filds of VITAS.Home. Pls try to do following things,
1. Delete the "Home Graphics" layout of your test DB.
2. Import record(s) from VTAS.Home to your test DB.Home. I believe there is only 1 record in VTAS.Home.
3. Add a blank new layout called "Home Graphics" in your test DB.
4. Keep both of VTAS and your test DB opened.
5. Copy all the objects on the "Home Graphics" layout of VTAS then paste them onto the "Home Graphics" layout of your test DB.

If you follow the steps which I mentioned above, I think you might get the result you want.

Cyrous
03-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi Cyrous,

Thank you so much for your suggestion.
This is easy way to work on Copy and Paste objects onto a new layout.
I probably think too much. I got it now.

Thanks,
Are
03-29-2013, 02:55 AM
Hi Are, If you are using the home table in the same way it is used in VTAS then it is important that it should only ever be 1 record. If it has more then the relationships will not work as expected.

Mike
04-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Mike,

I try to use a single record as you mention, it would work in this way. I currently work on the custom function to get all locations on my map navigator light up. I test two locations for the light up, it works fine, now I have to apply for all locations.

I will update again when all done, hope I would get all work soon :-)

Thank you for your advise.

Are
09-25-2019, 10:56 PM
just export home table data in a database . and just import in other database home table

[url=https://securemyplace.co.uk/wireless-burglar-alarms-systems/]wireless burglar alarm[/url]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user